Tuesday 18 August 2015

ROM Suprise





















This summer I wanted to visit some of the places I may not usually visit, like the Royal Ontario Museum. I had no reason to visit in the past, so I really had not been inside the ROM since Elementary school. Unfortunately I did not give myself a lot of time to explore, and I did not look at the map before I started to wander.  I spent a lot of my time in the other exhibitions of the museum, but then my husband peeked in the gallery map and told me they had a Gem exhibit. So the last 15 minutes were exploring this room.

I love working with rocks and minerals and my jewelry has slowly shifted to selling these pretty pieces. The Rom Gem exhibit has so many beautiful pieces which I tried to take photos of with my crapy old cell phone. I did the best I could do.  I definitely will be returning to the ROM in the fall for another peak so I can get a longer and better view of these incredible gifts from the earth. If you are in Toronto and you love Rocks and Minerals then you have to check out this exhibit.




No comments:

Post a Comment